Don’t let the fear of short hair stop you from trying a bob haircut. Get over it simply by going for the chop – you’ll instantly fall in love with your gorgeous new look!
We have 50 perfect examples of bob cut hairstyles for 2020 that cover different lengths, hair types, and textures. Get ready to find the one that will steal your heart.
1. Short Shaggy Bob. Bob styles can range from shoulder length cuts to super short shaggy crops and we love them all. Go for the 90s grunge look ASAP!
2. Short layered bob. Miss cute beachy waves in the colder months? You can have that beachy texture all year long, just use a beach spray before styling.
3. Tousled Wavy Bob. The over-the-shoulder length is super sexy and loved by many because you can easily style it however you want and it will always look perfect. Don’t be afraid to make it messy.
4. Natural gray curls. Embrace the natural color and texture of your hair. You can even enhance them by adding some lowlights and fuzzy curls. We love how beautiful the different shades of gray look in the bob cut.
5. Sassy Waves with Shadow Roots. A middle part is cute and rewarding for most face shapes if you keep the length below the chin. The subtle waves bring the movement you want to see in a modern bob.
6. Modern stacked bob. Show off your stacked layers with a side part bob cut that adds volume and body to straight hair.
7. Texture of layers of fluff. Increased marginal alert! Be bold and style your shaggy layered bob as messy as you like with a little dry shampoo for added bounce.
8. Bob for thick hair. Look at that texture ?! Go for longer bangs that go past your brows for a sexy and mysterious look.
9. Platinum Messy Waves. A feathered bob with messy waves is just what you need to gain confidence with a short ‘do. Style it wavy or blow it straight and sleek for a sexy date night look.
10. Feathered bob. We love how wispy those uneven layers are! If you need voluminous hair for fine hair, this is the one. You can have layers of volume throughout the bob to make it light and feathered.
11. Stacked Layered Bob. We can’t get over how beautiful the shades of gray are in this piece and bob. Choose short stacked layers in the back and longer feathered pieces throughout the cut.
12. Long Bob Cut. Slight waves can transform your “headboard” into a sleek, modern bob. Style it with a medium-sized curling iron that wraps the hair around the barrel and hold for about 10 seconds.
13. elegant long layers. Get that post-salon look with long layers by drying your hair completely and straightening it to keep frizz at bay.
14. Fluff with Baby Bangs. The shaggy layers combined with micro bangs make for the cutest bob cut. Play with your texture and spray dry shampoo on your choppy layers to enhance the messy atmosphere.
15. Long straight Bob. The inverted bob shape can be combined with a longer length. This balloon is the best of both worlds – it makes a statement and maintains the length!
16. Short bob with bangs. For women with fine hair, you should try a bob with bangs and wispy edges to keep your cut fresh and light.
17. Asymmetrical Choppy Bob. An angled cut can be very subtle or very dramatic depending on how steep the angle is. Style it straight or wavy, you can’t go wrong!
18. Sleek Asymmetrical Angled Bob. A swing bob will add the necessary edge to your look. Keep your hair straight by applying a little anti-frizz oil after styling to avoid volatiles.
19. Voluminous Wavy Bob. Go for an asymmetrical cut if you want to be daring. This cute style with voluminous waves adds body and texture to fine hair.
20. Chin Length Bob with Hollywood Waves. A side part and the right type of wave can change your style completely. Treat your hair to a straightening serum and use curlers to get those big glamorous waves.
21. Tight angled cut. The misplaced hairless geometric bob is quite impressive! However, you can give it a messy, tousled style whenever you’re in the mood for a more sloppy look.
22. Brunette Blunt Bob with Balayage. A forceful bob of the middle part is something that all women should try. To make it super stylish, blow it out and use a straightener after styling to seal in the effect of poker straight hair.
23. Stacked Bob with uneven layers. A layered bob can add body and dimension to your cut instantly.
24. Messy cutout Bob. Let go of your inner badass and try a cropped bob. Stir and comb it to enhance its playful vibe.
25. Cute bob with side bangs. A very short bob is ideal for women with fine hair. The shorter the hair, the thicker it looks.
26. Black Razored Bob. Medium length locks are super popular because you can still put your hair in a ponytail and style it curly or straight while having the desired movement and definition.
27. Short layered curls. Keep your curls hydrated and they will always look wonderful. Use a diffuser if you want to get those extra tight curls.
28. Bob curled to the lips with bangs. If you love to play with texture, try curly bangs. They may take a little more work to get right, but they’re worth it when you get compliments!
29. Choppy blonde layers. To style a bob, try blowing it out first and then going through the layers with an iron to give them a subtle center-shaft curve or straighten them for a sleek, flowing look. You can also style it curly with a medium-sized curling iron for pretty waves.
30. Waves up to the chin. If you notice thinning on one side of your hair, try changing your part to get the missing body.
31. Short Razored Shag. The most daring girls can go for a super short messy bob. Although the hair looks disorganized, it won’t bother you thanks to its short length.
32. Short inverted Bob haircut. To style an inverted bob, keep the lines clean at all times. If you find a stylist who specializes in inverted / angled cuts, don’t hesitate.
33. Cropped bangs with a twist. Looking to update your super short bob cut? Try an accent of color on your bangs or unexpected peek-a-boo highlights.
34. Textured bob. Balayage highlights look great on bob haircuts. Choose well-blended highlights and shaggy layers to freshen up your medium-length bob.
35. Cropped Bob with Bangs. Add this to your list of bob haircuts 2020. This bob is too edgy and cool to miss out on.
36. Angled medium length bob. What a cute A-line bob! Although it is a shorter cut, you still have length to play with.
37. Super Short Blunt Bob. Instead of the traditional chin length, try cutting down to the cheek for a dramatic statement. This cut certainly works best on straight hair.
38. Short Shaggy Cut. Short hairstyles can look messy at times, but it’s all about how you style them. If you want it to look dirty, go for it. Use a styling cream or dry shampoo to get your desired style.
39. Elegant bed head. This strong bob cut attracts many heads. While it is not for everyone, some women want to try bold layers and bold bangs.
40. Short, rounded bob. As for bob haircuts for women, the round bob is different but very stylish. Style it sleek and straight for that full round effect.
41. Bright orange Bob. Forget about the classic colors and choose the bright red that you have always wanted. Mix the unnatural color with your natural roots.
42. Beach blonde medium length Bob. A middle part can take your style to another level. To style a medium bob, use a medium-sized curling barrel and make half-axis folds so that you can maintain volume and add texture to your straight strands.
43. Edgy Reverse Bob. Try a reverse bob with elongated front pieces for an edgy vibe. You can also give it an asymmetrical twist.
44. Waves to the shoulders. Longer bobs for women are timeless. Changing a piece and adding bangs to your bob is a quick way to update your look.
45. Medium Bob Haircut. Calling all women with fine or fine hair, we’ve got you covered. Choose a blunt cut to keep your hair long and avoid thin ends.
46. Blunt Cut Bob. Kick off the new year, season, or month with a sleek bob style like this one. Style it curly with a flat iron or curling iron for added volume.
47. Blunt textured cut. Just because your hair is straight doesn’t mean you can’t have texture. Use sea salt spray or dry shampoo to get the desired hold to style your bob.
48. Choppy Bob. The choppy bob is one of the most universal bob cut hairstyles because it can work on all lengths! To style a choppy bob, curl it or let your natural texture shine. Complete with a fun clip if you want an accent.
49. Vintage Cropped Bob Haircut. This vintage crop with a modern twist is a good solution for a woman who prefers bold short cuts with character.
50. Textured bob with a braid. Is it possible to wear a bob up or at least in stockings? Yes, check out this pretty half braid for inspiration.
We hope you have found the haircut of your dreams. Don’t walk away from the slice – you won’t know until you try!